There are so many things that we take for granted in life and this may be as a result of not having a first hand experience of what others have been through or what they are going through.
An expression of gratitude shows the individual that you care and appreciate what they have done. Simple things we do everyday are an indication of something we should be grateful for.
An expression of gratitude can be in the form of a smile, a gift or by just saying thank you.
Here is a list of 7 things I think we should or could be grateful for.
1. Be grateful for the air you breathe. We should not take for granted the fact that we can breathe. Without breath in our lungs, we are not alive.
2. Be grateful when you miss your train or bus - you don't know what you have just avoided. There are people who have missed their trains only to find out later that the train they missed was involved in an accident.
3. Be grateful for your leaders whether you voted them in or not. There are a lot of countries that do not have leaders and the country is in chaos as a result of that.
4. Be grateful for the doctors and nurses, a lot of them do a very great job of making people feel well again.
5. Be grateful for our soldiers who are very brave and courageous and love their country so much to defend it.
6. Be grateful for the street cleaners who clean the street and roads. Imagine what would happen if they downed tools.
7. Be grateful for your job whether you enjoy it or not. There are so many people out there who are looking for jobs