Below are some examples of funny but wise African proverbs:
1. The day you need a wife, the market is filled with mad people.
Meaning: things become scarce, the day you need them.
2. No matter how good you are to a goat, it will still eat your yam
Meaning: some people will always be ungrateful, no matter how helpful you are to them
3. No matter how far you urinate, the last drops always fall at your feet
Meaning: there will always be consequences for your action
4. A roaring lion kills no game.
Meaning: bragging or talking about your dreams alone can't make you achieve your dream
5. Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet
Meaning: don't jump into a situation without first thinking about it
6. You don't teach the path of the forest to an old gorilla
Meaning: our elders have more experience in this life, so we should learn to respect them and listen to their advice.
7. A restless foot may walk into a snake pit
Meaning: a busy body or idle person will always get into trouble.
8. He who swallows a complete coconut have absolute trust in his anus
Meaning: before taking a crucial decision, you must make sure have all it takes to bear the consequences.
9. A man who sees a hen scattering excreta should stop it. Who knows who will eat the leg?
Meaning: when you see something going bad around you, try and rectify it; you'll never know who gets harmed by it.
10. If a man swears that he wants to harm you when you're asleep, you can go to bed. But If a woman says the same, stay awake.
Meaning: women are not known to make empty threats
11. Don't call the forest that shelters you a jungle
Meaning: don't insult the person or something you benefit from.
12. No matter how the buttocks hurry, it will always remain behind.
Meaning: don't try to outrun your destiny
13. An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep
Meaning: a good leader can lead even a group of incompetent persons to success.
14. It is only who is brave enough thay can tell the lion his breath smells
Meaning: The truly brave persons are those who can face difficult tasks when necessary.
So never run for hard time, it will surely come but never last.
Stay Safe and come to reunion. Leave young girls alone and like Echeme said, the LOC will try and provide you with tie and blazer once you pay.